African Minerals - Re: AMI Stream Log - [email protected],,,, [email protected],,,[email protected] ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dear All, As...

Live Discuss Polls Ratings Documents
View
Page
18:14 29/01/2015

[email protected],,,, [email protected],,,[email protected] ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dear All, As many of you are aware, the shareholders of the Operating Entities (AML, Shandong Iron & Steel Group (SISG) and the Government of Sierra Leone) are in advanced discussions to secure additional funding for the Operating Entities, which, if successful, would enable the operations to resume in the near future. During this period and in order to ensure that we do not prejudice the outcome of those negotiations, we need to ensure that we manage the Operating Entities in accordance with the Companies’ by-laws and respect the decisions taken by the Companies’ board of directors. Following yesterday’s email from Alan Watling, I thought it necessary to clarify the delegations of authority that apply for the Operating Entities approved by the Operating Entities’ Board 1. All business related to the project companies should be decided by the project company board and not the AML board (Board decision 19 June 2014); 2. On 9 January 2015, the Boards also resolved to ‎proceed with the separation of the Operating Entities and AML to ensure that the Operating Entities could operate on a stand alone basis going forward. Following Alan Watling’s decision to resign from the Operating Entities’ Board on 10 December 2014, I have been appointed as acting CEO to help provide direction and support during this challenging period which I will do within the remit provided by the Boards. Therefore, any decisions, financial or otherwise, relating to the Operating Entities will be taken by myself and my team. I am hopeful that an agreement will be reached between our Shareholders in the near future and, subject to the relevant approvals being obtained, we will be able to secure the additional funding necessary to restart our operations and Phase 2 expansion. I hope the above clarifies the relevant delegations of authorities and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your dedication, professionalism and support during this challenging period and I will keep you updated with regards to developments in due course. Should you have any questions, relating to the above, please feel free to contact Frank Timis (Chairman of the Board) or Kweku Lisk (Secretary to the Board). Kind regards Gibril Bangura Executive Chairman SL/Acting CEO

Page