African Minerals - AMI Stream Log

Live Discuss Polls Ratings Documents
View
20:08 31/01/2015

rickyroman 18:14 ...wrong equipment..... ....I struggle with that one.....if you are spending millions of dollars and the CEO is ex-Fortescue, it must have been shockingly bad advice to buy the 'wrong' equipment. Maybe, and more likely, there were some heft

20:04 31/01/2015

there were some hefty kickbacks on the purchase which went somewhere else.............

19:22 30/01/2015

HA,yes it is and it has been a memorable one Time to relax now as nothing more I can do.

19:11 30/01/2015

thanks again Liu

19:01 30/01/2015

Update on temporary shutdown 29/01/2015 African Minerals Limited Victoria Place 31 Victoria Street Hamilton HM 10 Bermuda Website: www.african-minerals.com Major shareholders of African Minerals have continued to meet during January and discussions on outstanding issues are progressing. As in my last update, all are working toward a resolution; however there are still no firm outcomes to report to you at the moment. While there is positive news coming out of Sierra Leone regarding the Ebola outbreak, and we applaud the efforts of all involved, the Company’s Ebola protocols remain in place and access to site is restricted. Subject to the availability and clearance of funds, we hope to be in a position to release the January salary payment in the coming days. As was the situation in December, this may result in your salary not becoming available until the first week of February. This will be the case especially for those of you who are residents of South Africa where the delay may be four or five days. We apologize for this. Yours sincerely, Kevin McLean CO

18:55 30/01/2015

nothing substantially has changed and I really hope my panicking is for nothing in the end.It is just that the chinese did not get back to AW today with an offer when they should have and also that gibril's email was a rebuttal of the initial email by AW.Neither email is as we thought a tidying up of things to please the chinese before they sign.Could still all work out okay for us but the BOD have not given themselves much leeway.Very tiring birthday for this investor and hope it is a false drama in the end.

15:56 30/01/2015

Dear All, In the current extremely difficult financial and operational circumstances of the AML Group, all decisions about new financial commitments (including changes to existing ones) of the Group have to be made carefully taking into account all relevant factors. To ensure that this can be done, all such decisions now require my approval as CEO of AML, and where appropriate I will ensure that these are also referred to the relevant boards of directors. This will ensure that all companies in the Group, and their directors and staff are seen to be acting in the best interests of the companies’ creditors and shareholders This applies to all financial commitments within the Group, including purchasing any materials and services, new contracts or changes to existing contracts, settlements of claims, new employees/contractors or changes to their terms. It applies equally at AML level and Operating Company level (TIOSL and ARPSSL), because AML is the 75% shareholder in these companies. My approval is in addition to any normal management process and approval. Regards, Alan Watling CEO

15:56 30/01/2015

28 January 2015 Gillian Smith on behalf of Alan Watling

15:55 30/01/2015

Dear All, As many of you are aware, the shareholders of the Operating Entities (AML, Shandong Iron & Steel Group (SISG) and the Government of Sierra Leone) are in advanced discussions to secure additional funding for the Operating Entities, which, if successful, would enable the operations to resume in the near future. During this period and in order to ensure that we do not prejudice the outcome of those negotiations, we need to ensure that we manage the Operating Entities in accordance with the Companies’ by-laws and respect the decisions taken by the Companies’ board of directors. Following yesterday’s email from Alan Watling, I thought it necessary to clarify the delegations of authority that apply for the Operating Entities approved by the Operating Entities’ Board 1. All business related to the project companies should be decided by the project company board and not the AML board (Board decision 19 June 2014); 2. On 9 January 2015, the Boards also resolved to ‎proceed with the separation of the Operating Entities and AML to ensure that the Operating Entities could operate on a stand alone basis going forward. Following Alan Watling’s decision to resign from the Operating Entities’ Board on 10 December 2014, I have been appointed as acting CEO to help provide direction and support during this challenging period which I will do within the remit provided by the Boards. Therefore, any decisions, financial or otherwise, relating to the Operating Entities will be taken by myself and my team. I am hopeful that an agreement will be reached between our Shareholders in the near future and, subject to the relevant approvals being obtained, we will be able to secure the additional funding necessary to restart our operations and Phase 2 expansion. I hope the above clarifies the relevant delegations of authorities and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your dedication, professionalism and support during this challenging period and I will keep you updated with regards to developments in due course. Should you have any questions, relating to the above, please feel free to contact Frank Timis (Chairman of the Board) or Kweku Lisk (Secretary to the Board). Kind regards Gibril Bangura Executive Chairman SL/Acting CEO

15:55 30/01/2015

Gibril Bangura Sent: 29 January 2015 To: GRP AM Global Cc: Kweku Lisk; 吕永刚; Frank Timis; Gibril Bangura; Li Qiang; [email protected] Subject: New financial commitments